Getting started is easy!
Request doctor consultation
Complete a medical questionnaire. If Somryst isn't right for you, the consultation won't take place.
Provide payment information for your consultation.
Consult with a doctor. If appropriate, you’ll receive a prescription for Somryst.
Once you receive a prescription for Somryst, you'll begin receiving texts from PearConnect, walking you through the onboarding process
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Indications for Use
SomrystTM is a prescription-only digital therapeutic intended to provide a neurobehavioral intervention (CBT-I) to patients 22 years of age and older with chronic insomnia. Somryst treats patients with chronic insomnia by improving a patient’s insomnia symptoms.
Who Should Use Somryst?
You should use Somryst if you:
- Are 22 or older with chronic insomnia
- Are able to read and understand English
- Have regular access to a mobile device (such as smartphone or tablet)
- Are familiar with how to use mobile apps (applications)
- Are able to upload data periodically. (In other words, you have internet/ wireless connection access.)
- Are under the supervision of a Health Care Provider
Who Should Not Use Somryst? (Contraindications)
Somryst uses sleep restriction and consolidation, limiting the time you spend in bed to match the amount of time you sleep. Sleep restriction and consolidation may worsen preexisting medical conditions. Because of this, it is not appropriate for everyone.
If you have any of the following conditions or disorders, you should not use Somryst:
- Any disorder worsened by sleep restriction (e.g. bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or other psychotic spectrum disorders)
- Untreated obstructive sleep apnea
- If you are at high risk of falls
- If you are pregnant
- If you have any other unstable or degenerative illness judged to be worsened by sleep restriction delivered as part of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia
If you are unsure whether you have any of the conditions or disorders listed, speak with your Health Care Provider.
SomrystTM is not for everyone. You and your Health Care Provider should discuss whether Somryst is right for you.
- Somryst is not for emergency use. Please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room in the event of a medical emergency.
- Do not use Somryst to communicate severe or urgent information to your Health Care Provider.
- Somryst is not meant to be used as treatment except under supervision of your Health Care Provider.
- Somryst is not meant to be a substitution for any treatment medication.
- Somryst contains sensitive medical information about you. It is important that you protect your information by password-protecting your smartphone or tablet and ensuring no one else has access to your device.
- Sleep Restriction (and Consolidation) within Somryst can cause sleepiness, especially in the early stages of using the PDT. Somryst should not be used if you need to be alert or cautious to avoid serious accidents in your job or daily life. Examples include:
- – Long-haul truck drivers
- – Operators of heavy machinery
- – Long-distance bus drivers
- – Some assembly line jobs
- – Air traffic controllers
Note: In the early stages of treatment, increased daytime sleepiness may be expected, but is usually temporary. However, if these experiences do not go away over a few weeks, please consult your health care provider as you may have a sleep disorder or medical condition other than insomnia. Also, at any point in the treatment, if you have trouble staying awake while performing potentially dangerous tasks (like driving) avoid these tasks or stop following the sleep restriction component of the therapy.
For best results with Somryst, read and follow the instructions provided in each core, and stay with the therapy until the end. When reporting your sleep results, giving honest and accurate answers is important
Care Regimen and Self-care
Following your Health Care Provider’s instructions for care is always important. If you need help managing your condition, speak with your Health Care Provider.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Getting started is easy. Just click “Consult with a doctor,” complete a medical questionnaire, have your consultation, and if appropriate, you’ll receive a prescription. Once you receive your prescription, you’ll receive texts from PearConnect and Truepill Pharmacy walking you through the rest of the process.
IN WHICH STATES CAN I GET SOMRYST USING UPSCRIPT?
Somryst is available to any resident of the U.S. However, Upscript does not support telemedicine appointments in Washington, DC or North Carolina.
WHY DO I HAVE TO FILL OUT A MEDICAL QUESTIONNAIRE?
To make sure Somryst is right for you, we’ll have you fill out a quick questionnaire about your insomnia. This will help your doctor make a more informed decision about your treatment.
IS SOMRYST COVERED BY INSURANCE?
Not at the moment, but you can use your flexible spending account (FSA) or health spending account (HSA) to pay.
Customer Service Hours:Monday - Thursday 5:00am to 6:00pm
Friday 5:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday 7:00am to 3:00pm
Sunday 7:00am to 3:00pm
(Times displayed in Pacific Time)
PO Box 6552
Scottsdale, AZ 85261
In case of medical emergency, please contact your local physician or hospital for immediate care. Do not rely on your online Physician for emergency medical care.