The Somryst Experience
Practice strategies to positively impact your sleep
Learn how thoughts, beliefs, and attitudes impact your sleep
Read stories of success from others like you
Track your sleep to see if it’s improving
Meet Your Telehealth Healthcare Providers
Board-Certified, Licensed Healthcare Providers
UpScript® is an independent provider of telehealth services. UpScript healthcare providers have served over a million patients.
Safe from Home and Confidential Appointments
You’ll have access to healthcare providers who can talk to you about chronic insomnia and what to expect with Somryst to make sure it’s right for you. Your telehealth appointment may be done over the phone or video, and can be done safely and confidentially from the comfort of your own home.
How to Get Somryst
Complete the Sleep Questionnaire
After creating an account and telling UpScript a little bit about yourself, you’ll take a questionnaire about your sleep habits and medical history.
Consult with a Licensed Healthcare Prescriber
Schedule an appointment and submit the $45 consultation fee. You and the healthcare provider will discuss whether Somryst is right for you. If so, you’ll receive a prescription.
Get Ready to Start Somryst
You’ll receive a text from PearConnect and TruePill pharmacy. They will walk you through the simple setup process, which includes completing your Somryst purchase and downloading the app.
Ready to get started?GET STARTED
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Getting started is easy. Just click “Consult with a doctor,” complete a medical questionnaire, have your consultation, and if appropriate, you’ll receive a prescription. Once you receive your prescription, you’ll receive texts from PearConnect and Truepill Pharmacy walking you through the rest of the process.
IN WHICH STATES CAN I GET SOMRYST USING UPSCRIPT?
Somryst is available to any resident of the U.S
WHY DO I HAVE TO FILL OUT A MEDICAL QUESTIONNAIRE?
To make sure Somryst is right for you, we’ll have you fill out a quick questionnaire about your insomnia. This will help your doctor make a more informed decision about your treatment.
IS SOMRYST COVERED BY INSURANCE?
Not at the moment, but you can use your flexible spending account (FSA) or health spending account (HSA) to pay.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Indications for Use
Somryst® is a prescription-only digital therapeutic intended to provide a neurobehavioral intervention (CBT-I) to patients 22 years of age and older with chronic insomnia. Somryst treats patients with chronic insomnia by improving a patient’s insomnia symptoms.
Who Should Use Somryst?
You should use Somryst if you:
- Are 22 or older with chronic insomnia
- Are able to read and understand English
- Have regular access to a mobile device (such as smartphone or tablet)
- Are familiar with how to use mobile apps (applications)
- Are able to upload data periodically. (In other words, you have internet/ wireless connection access.)
- Are under the supervision of a Health Care Provider
Who Should Not Use Somryst? (Contraindications)
Somryst uses sleep restriction and consolidation, limiting the time you spend in bed to match the amount of time you sleep. Sleep restriction and consolidation may worsen preexisting medical conditions. Because of this, it is not appropriate for everyone.
If you have any of the following conditions or disorders, you should not use Somryst:
- Any disorder worsened by sleep restriction (e.g. bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or other psychotic spectrum disorders)
- Untreated obstructive sleep apnea
- If you are at high risk of falls
- If you are pregnant
- If you have any other unstable or degenerative illness judged to be worsened by sleep restriction delivered as part of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia
If you are unsure whether you have any of the conditions or disorders listed, speak with your Health Care Provider.
Somryst® is not for everyone. You and your Health Care Provider should discuss whether Somryst is right for you.
- Somryst is not for emergency use. Please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room in the event of a medical emergency.
- Do not use Somryst to communicate severe or urgent information to your Health Care Provider.
- Somryst is not meant to be used as treatment except under supervision of your Health Care Provider.
- Somryst is not meant to be a substitution for any treatment medication.
- Somryst contains sensitive medical information about you. It is important that you protect your information by password-protecting your smartphone or tablet and ensuring no one else has access to your device.
- Sleep Restriction (and Consolidation) within Somryst can cause sleepiness, especially in the early stages of using the PDT. Somryst should not be used if you need to be alert or cautious to avoid serious accidents in your job or daily life. Examples include:
- – Long-haul truck drivers
- – Operators of heavy machinery
- – Long-distance bus drivers
- – Some assembly line jobs
- – Air traffic controllers
- The usage data collected in therapy lessons by Somryst are not intended to be used as a standalone assessment of treatment progress.
Note: In the early stages of treatment, increased daytime sleepiness may be expected, but is usually temporary. However, if these experiences do not go away over a few weeks, please consult your health care provider as you may have a sleep disorder or medical condition other than insomnia. Also, at any point in the treatment, if you have trouble staying awake while performing potentially dangerous tasks (like driving) avoid these tasks or stop following the sleep restriction component of the therapy.
For best results with Somryst, read and follow the instructions provided in each core, and stay with the therapy until the end. When reporting your sleep results, giving honest and accurate answers is important
Care Regimen and Self-care
Following your Health Care Provider’s instructions for care is always important. If you need help managing your condition, speak with your Health Care Provider.
Customer Service Hours:Monday - Thursday 6:00am to 7:00pm
Friday 6:00am to 6:00pm
Saturday 8:00am to 4:00pm
Sunday 8:00am to 4:00pm
(Times displayed in Pacific Time)
PO Box 6552
Scottsdale, AZ 85261
In case of medical emergency, please contact your local physician or hospital for immediate care. Do not rely on your online Physician for emergency medical care.